Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Luchando con Evangelilocos y otras cosas :)

¡A la Grande!

My family and friends,

It’s good to write you all again as another fast week has come and gone. It has been a pretty crazy week as well if I do say so myself. (Even though I’m pretty sure I say that every week haha)

No but it’s been pretty crazy, and thanks for the updates on your lives and everything, that’s awesome curt that you guys are getting close on that deal and brining in some pisto, that’s awesome for you guys.

As for me, Elder Morataya and I have been working hard in our area together, but this last week was actually pretty difficult for a couple reasons. So as I have come to get to know my area of brillantes a little better. I have realized that literally almost every other house is a family of members. Inactive apostate members. So Los Brillantes is a really small area actually, and like 10-15 years ago the missionaries came in and baptized the whole town, and now there are still quite a few active members, but now a TON of less active and inactive members. We were contacting and talking with people this week only to come to find out that they are members that were baptized several years ago and that now go to a different church. Yeah it’s pretty rough because a lot of these members really don’t want anything to do with us now, and they make it difficult for us to talk with the people that aren’t members because they talk bad about the church and the fact that they don’t put good examples for the non-members by just being baptized and then leaving to go to another church. So that’s been one of the reasons it’s been kind of rough. The other reason is that I got sick on Friday and now I’ve just kind of been sick since. Yeah I’m pretty sure I have something eating me inside because my intestines are real messed up right now, but at least it won’t be for too much longer haha. It was actually one of my spiritual experiences that I had this past week because on Friday I had a fever and I just felt like crap, so the original plan was that I was going to stay with a member so that my companion could go out and work. The only problem was that we couldn’t find a male member for me to stay with so I just went out and worked with my comp, and I didn’t know how I was going to do it, but once we got into a lesson and we started teaching I felt fine, and then when we finished, I had to struggle over to the other appointment, but then once again, when we started teaching I was fine. It was a real testimony to me that if we are doing what the lord wants us to do he blesses us physically as well as spiritually, and as a result we were able to find a new family to teach and a couple other people which was really cool.  

Another cool thing that we have been able to do this week is leave with this young adult member named Wilder. So wilder´s story is super cool. So like 2 years ago wilder was actually training to become an evangelical preacher in this big church here in brillantes. He used to get up and preach to the congregations and everything and is very, very well known here in the area. But then the missionaries started to teach him and through a very long process he ended up being converted and baptized. Now he goes out and works with us, and he has a lot of enemies and people that don’t like him because he is such a well-known guy from the evangelical church, but he has such a powerful testimony now, and it’s really awesome to be able to go out and work with him because he helps out a lot of people understand the restoration of the gospel. That’s mainly what we have been teaching to everyone. The restoration of the gospel is really the key to everything and if these people can come to understand that there was an apostasy and a need for the restoration of the truth, they can gain a testimony of the church and the gospel! Sorry, there was more that I wanted to write concerning that subject, but my time ran away from me. We are still working with Susana and bryan, and they came to church yesterday, and today we are having a family home evening in the house of some members that are friends, and we are planning to challenge Susana to baptism for this week or next week! It’s going to be awesome!

I love you all and will be praying for you in your challenges and everything that is going on, but have an awesome week, and I will talk to you soon.

-Elder Henderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment