Sunday, June 15, 2014

El camino a San Felipe

Bueno pues, ni sé donde debería empezar….

Well my good family and friends, it has been one crazy week. I know I tend to say that a lot but its been super crazy/stressful and a learning week as well.
So to start off, last week on Monday, President Ruiz called me into his office and told me that I was going to have emergency changes the next day to go back out into the field. So I was a little unsure about everything at first with my toe and everything, but on Tuesday I packed up my bags and now I’m the zone leader here in San Felipe. Its not to far from Reu, like maybe half an hour, and my area is at the base of this giant volcano called Santa Maria I’m pretty sure. So I have a new companion, Elder Amador, from Honduras, and he is a pretty cool kid, and I don’t know who taught him but he knows all the bad words in English haha so that’s always interesting, but he’s a good, funny guy who likes to work.

So my area and ward and everything is in this town called San Felipe like I said, but our area specifically is a bunch of outlying little pueblos that are 30-40 minutes away walking, so that hasn’t been helping my foot too much, but I’ve been able to walk and I don’t have pain, so I believe the lord is once again blessing me in that area. The awesome thing that we have going on in our ward right now is that our ward mission leader and a few young men leave every day with us to go out and work in our area! So almost everyday we have been able to do divisions and have two companionships working in our area at the same time which is super helpful because everything is so far away. And because of that we are always having tons of lessons with members and teaching a lot of people. We even had a baptism this past Friday of a teenage kid named Vosbeli. He is 15 and after a couple months of hearing the missionaries he decided to get baptized because his mom and 2 brothers have already been baptized these past few weeks. So we had his older brother baptize him and everything, it was really awesome to be able to see that happen!
On another side note, this zone is the biggest in the mission with 26 missionaries, so it’s been kind of a challenge getting to know everyone and help them all out, but little by little I’m getting there. I did divisions with another elder last week to do a baptismal interview, and just as we were leaving the house, it started pouring rain, and we didn’t have umbrellas or anything, plus it was like a 45 minute walk to get to the interview. So yes I got completely soaked as we were walking through the corn fields and pineapple plants and all my stuff got soaked, but the interview went well and everything in the end.

I would like to tell you all about the people we are teaching and everything right now, but the thing is I don’t know everyone as I am still trying to get to know the area, but this area is very fruitful and is always baptizing so I’m excited to be able work here to finish off these last few weeks! As part as my finishing project in the mission, I’ve decided that I want to achieve 1000 contacts before finishing the mission! So that should be pretty fun trying to talk to people all the time about the gospel, and im sure I will be able to have some good baptisms to finish up.

Well, I’m doing good, trying to work hard and do what the lord wants me to do in the way that he wants me to do it, and I’m just trying to take advantage of this opportunity the lord has given me to work a few weeks more in the mission to learn a few more crucial things!

I love you all soooo much, and thanks for your emails every week! Also I want to make a shout out to my big bro Collin who’s birthday it is tomorrow!!!!! I’m going to write you a quick personal email too man!

Well I love you all and take care!!!!!!
-Elder Henderson 



No comments:

Post a Comment